Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2 weeks old

Im about a week late posting this. Time just flies by when you are having fun .


Having 5 is tough, yet its easy. I guess I can say its easy cause the kids are on summer vacation so we dont have to even get out of our pajamas most days. we can just stick to home doing whatever. Yet its tough because Phoenix is so cranky and so needy that its hard to even sit her down. She is now to the point where she will sleep anywhere from 10 mins to an hour either in her swing or on the couch with her boppy. but when she wakes up you better run cause she is maddddddd


I have been weighing her on her "week birthdays".


Birth- 8.12

Day 1- 8.1 (my mw came to do the newborn screening)

Week 1- 9lbs even

Week 2.2- 10lbs even. I tried to weigh her right at 2 weeks but my scale was being stupid and try to say she was barely over 8lbs so I tried again the next 2 days and got consistant weights. Maybe daddy was just adding wrong since it does ounces too. I dont know.

So she is getting huge! Chunky little monkey :) She is all upper body, just like her daddy.

I see her getting little smirks on her face like she is about to start smiling. Love! Jamison's first smile was at 3 weeks so im just waiting patiently to see that gummy little grin


her sleeping at night hasnt gotten any better really.

She still falls asleep between 9-10pm and will sleep until about 2-4am. She will be pretty restless from there on out. On days that daddy is working though we get the bed to ourselves at 4am so I put her on his side of the bed and she seems to really like that. She will sleep better that way. Yet she barely likes being held by him. go figure.


We go to the doctor tomorrow for a general checkup and to see if she might have reflux. Seems to be a fine line between colic and reflux. I can see that she is spitting up to the back of her throat where she makes a bad face, sometimes it will come all the way out and it smells so bad. Just like curdled milk. blah! you can tell by her faces she makes it doesnt feel very good either.



She isnt pooping very much nor is she very gassy either so im sure her belly hurts. and the fact she likes to nurse all.the.time. I am just wondering if she is nursing to help soothe her belly or if she has reflux, helps soothe the burning sensation.





she got so mad when I put the headband on. She took her hand and grabbed at it until it came off. and the goofy face lol.

she was starting to get really mad here. slowly building herself up

Sweet little lady sleeping. such a bad quality picture but it was at night, with my cell phone. She was laying so close to me I could barely maneuver enough to get the picture. But with her little hands resting on her face <3





No comments:

Post a Comment